This page will be regularly updated to show you all the things we do with your personal data. This policy applies if you’re a client (typically a developer, land owner or property purchaser), supplier, partner or introducer. Employees are invited to read our internal Data Protection policy which covers information held about employees.
About Walker Doble
This website is operated by Walker Doble Ltd. Our registered office is 39 High Street, Orpington, Kent, United Kingdom, BR6 0JE. Our trading address is 9th Floor, Cornerblock, 2 Cornwall Street, Birmingham, B3 2DX.
Walker Doble Ltd is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office under registration number ZA327765.
- What information do we collect about you?
- What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
- How will we use this information about you?
- How to restrict our processing for marketing purposes
- Accessing and controlling your information
- Links to other websites
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
Much of the information we collect is available in the public domain and/or is about an asset (land, property etc) rather than personal information.
Where we do collect personal information, the information can typically be classified as:
- identification data, including your name, title, date of birth, national insurance number;
- contact information, including your address (and previous address if relevant), your telephone number and email address;
- documentary information – including Passports, Driving Licences and any other documentary evidence we request to verify your identity, residency and source of any deposit, including Bank Statements.
We’ll only collect the personal data that we need.
We collect information about you when you register your interest in our networking events, contact us via phone, email or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and use offers. Website usage information is collected using cookies so we are able to provide users with a better experience.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
Our lawful basis for processing a request you make for a product or service is usually “contract” i.e. we are processing your data because you have asked us to do something before you enter into a contract.
For some of the data we process, we also have a “legitimate interest” and / or a “legal obligation”. For example we have both a “legitimate interest” and a “legal obligation” to process information to prevent financial crime. There will also be occasions where we rely on your “consent” to process your data, for example we would not undertake a credit search on you without your consent.
Where you have made an enquiry with us we also have a “legitimate interest” to keep you informed about relevant products and services that may be of interest to you. You can however prevent us from sending you marketing information at any time – see How to restrict our processing for marketing purposes below.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, unless you tell us not to, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. We will only process your personal data for legitimate purposes as set by the General Data Protection Regulations.
Walker Doble Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies, we will only share your details with organisations when necessary in order to fulfil our service to you and where the privacy and security of your data is assured.
Information we share regarding a potential transaction will often be on an anonymised basis but we may share your personal information with:
- Professionals appointed by yourself or appointed by an individual / organisation to effect the transaction including solicitors, estate agents and architects;
- Organisations that formally introduce you to us;
- Organisations you ask us to share your information with;
- Government departments such as Planning departments;
- Third parties specifically contracted by Walker Doble Limited to deliver our products and services;
- Credit Reference Agencies;
- Fraud Prevention Agencies in order to verify your identity and address, and for fraud prevention purposes;
- Where we are required to do so by law.
How to restrict our processing for marketing purposes
We would like to send you information about our products and services and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
When we contact you, we will give you the option to tell us to stop. Alternatively you can contact us at any time by emailing email@example.com and adding “STOP” to the email heading followed by the type of marketing you are seeking to stop i.e. “STOP – telephone” or “STOP – all”.
Accessing and controlling your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
In certain circumstances you can also request us to:
- Rectify any inaccurate data we hold;
- Complete any incomplete data;
- Erase personal data;
- Restrict or object to the processing of your personal data.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information or wish to exercise any of your rights listed above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address: 9th Floor, Cornerblock, 2 Cornwall Street, Birmingham, B3 2DX for the attention of Data Protection Officer.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
- By email: email@example.com
- Write to us: 9th Floor, Cornerblock, 2 Cornwall Street, Birmingham, B3 2DX.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioners Office via their website https://www.ico.org.uk/